A suite of extreme cleanups to remove obsolete data.
As a web site is developed, edited and used, behind the scenes a shed-load of unused and no longer relevant stuff accumulates. Extreme Clean searches out such stuff so you know what is old and unused, then removes it for you.
Cleanup your site
- To assist with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliance.
- Before taking a site from development to production. When you are intensively editing and developing a site, the history of Lorum-Ipsum and test data remains in old page versions and test users.
- Improve speed. On a busy or old site accumulated edits, history and abandoned user accounts combine to slow it down.
- Decrease the size of backups . As a site is used, the database grows and slows. Backups take longer because they are saving old data you no longer care about. (but backup before you first run Extreme Clean, you don't want to clean too much!)
Scour your site for
- Old page versions
On a frequently updated site, old page versions accumulate much faster than the core job removes them. Extreme Clean rips through a site purging old page versions and the data they contain.
- Drafts and Trash
Clear out abandoned drafts and trash, either completely or once the pages have been un-modified for a number of days.
- Long log files
Trim log files by length or age. Configured by default for the main Log and the Jobs Log (the c5 core provides no means to view or clear the jobs log)
- Abandoned user accounts
On a busy eCommerce or membership site, users come and go, but rarely do they clean up their accounts. Extreme Clean seeks out and removes inactive user accounts.
- Messy databases
Over time the storage for database tables can become fragmented and disorganised. Extreme Clean optimizes database tables for efficient access and storage.
- Old /incoming and /tmp files
Clean out old and forgotten /incoming and /tmp files by age.
- Broken Workflows
Clean out empty and broken page workflows by age.
A growing clipboard slows and eventually siezes up, breaking the blocks add panel. Trim clipboards by age or size.
Unused Blocks and Templates
Its easy to add custom blocks and templates to /application/blocks, but how many of them are really used when you have finished developing. Remove unused blocks and templates.
Cleaners can be run directly from the dashboard or through the Extreme Clean queable job.