Package Magic is a suite of tools for site owners and developers who use packages. Once Package Magic is installed, you can forget about the inconvenience of using your development system file manager and zip tools, the CLI, and FTP or SSH to generate and deploy packages. Package Magic enables you to do everything from the dashboard.
Package Magic brings convenience and speed to zipping new versions of your packages and deploying them to your websites or the concrete5 marketplace. If you save 10 or 15 minutes for each package update, those minutes soon add up to hours or even days saved when put into the context of a large web site development project
With a few clicks from the dashbaord you can:
- Zip up packages ready for distribution,
- Upload and install packages from your development system
- Copy packages between sites
- Run a suite of package build, validation and management tools.
- Maintain a private repository of packages.
Package archives can be:
- Directly uploaded/downloaded,
- Loaded from or saved to a file,
- Loaded from a URL,
- Loaded from or saved to FTP/SFTP,
- Loaded from a GitHub repository,
- Loaded from or saved to the concrete5 file manager,
- Loaded from or saved to a local repository directory organised by package and version number,
- Direct from the concrete5 PRB (for PRB members only)
The functionality of Package Magic is broadly split into tool areas:
jl_package_magic - v1.3.2 - resources v2.9.6
Generate, check, upload, install and manage package zip files from your site dashboard. Package Magic is licensed under a modified concrete5 Marketplace License.
/dashboard/extend/downloadGenerate a package zip archive and download it.
/dashboard/extend/buildA colection of tools to help build parts of a package including translation files and icons.
Package Magic Plugins
/dashboard/extend/plugin_listPlugins provide interfaces to package sources and destinations.
Package Magic Starter
jl_package_magic_starter - v1.2.2 - resources v2.9.6
Upload, validate and install packages. Package Magic Starter also provides a foundation for the full version of Package Magic. The full version of Package Magic provides a comprehensive toolset for managing package building, validation, creation and deployment.
/dashboard/extend/uploadUpload a package zip archive.