Package Magic is a suite of tools for site owners and developers who use packages. Once Package Magic is installed, you can forget about the inconvenience of using your development system file manager and zip tools, the CLI, and FTP or SSH to generate and deploy packages. Package Magic enables you to do everything from the dashboard.
Package Magic brings convenience and speed to zipping new versions of your packages and deploying them to your websites or the ConcreteCMS marketplace. If you save 10 or 15 minutes for each package update, those minutes soon add up to hours or even days saved when put into the context of a large web site development project
With a few clicks from the dashbaord you can:
- Zip up packages ready for distribution.
- Upload and install package zip archives.
- Copy packages between sites.
- Run a suite of package build, validation and management tools.
- Maintain a private repository of packages.
Once Package Magic is installed, you can forget about the inconvenience of using your development system file manager and zip tools, the CLI, FTP or SSH to generate and deploy packages.
If you develop concrete5 packages for your customer projects or for the marketplace, Package Magic can save you a lot of time. Even if you are a command line guru, Package Magic will still save you time on every project.
Troubled by operating system files, .dot files, Thumbs.db, IDE or composer configuration and hidden directories getting zipped up with your packages? Package Magic creates clean zip files without any of the crud. From third party packages, it can detect unwanted files and clean them out before installing.
You have full control over what does and doesn’t get included in a package archive or extracted from a package archive by simple checkbox and file path-matching rules.
Package archives can be:
- Directly uploaded/downloaded,
- Loaded from or saved to a file,
- Loaded from a URL,
- Loaded from or saved to FTP/SFTP,
- Loaded from a GitHub repository,
- Loaded from or saved to the dashboard file manager,
- Loaded from or saved to a local repository directory organised by package and version number,
- Direct from the Marketplace PRB (for PRB members only)
The functionality of Package Magic is broadly split into tool areas:
- Package Magic - Package Source Documentation
- Package Magic - Package Destination Documentation
- Package Magic - Build Tool Plugin Documentation
- Package Magic - Prohibited Code Check Plugin Documentation
jl_package_magic - v1.9.0 - resources v2.19.9*
Generate, check, upload, install and manage package zip files from your site dashboard.
/dashboard/extend/downloadGenerate a package zip archive and download it.
/dashboard/extend/buildA colection of tools to help build parts of a package including translation files and icons.
Package Magic Plugins
/dashboard/extend/plugin_listPlugins provide interfaces to package sources and destinations.
jl_package_magic_starter - v1.9.0 - resources v2.19.9
Upload, validate and install packages. Package Magic Starter also provides a foundation for the full version of Package Magic. The full version of Package Magic provides a comprehensive toolset for managing package building, validation, creation and deployment.
/dashboard/extend/uploadUpload a package zip archive.
jl_package_magic_prb - v1.9.0
Integrate a PRB source for packages to Package Magic. This source is only relevant to current PRB members. List PRB submissions and install them directly to your PRB test site. You will be required to copy two ConcreteCMS cookies from your browser developer console. These will saved encrypted.