Keep track of multiple concrete5 sites and packages on your development system.
No matter how well I have my development system organised, keeping track of all the sites , packages and package versions I have on my development system for different customers, different core versions, for the marketplace and for the PRB is an impossible process.
Site Sniffer is a package for concrete5 agencies and serious concrete5 developers to help keep track of all the sites on their development systems. Install Site Sniffer and a handy dashboard page provides a list of all the sites on the same system with live controls to search, sort and filter.
Sites are analyzed and marked for:
- Core Version
- Current Site - the current site
- Database Verified - installed with a database
- No Database - concrete5 files present and apparently configured, but the corresponding database cannot be found (typically a files backup of another site)
- Not Local - configured for a non-local database (typically a files backup of an online site)
- Incomplete - missing configuration information, so Site Sniffer is unable to tell if there is a database or not (typically unzipped but never installed, but could also be faulty configuration data)
- Packages (by package handle)
- Package versions
Site Sniffer has been developed on the latest concrete5 v8 and engineered and tested for backward compatibility all the way back to core version 188.8.131.52. It can sniff out sites all the way back to concrete5.4.
Whilst Site Sniffer will work on a live web server, typical server permissions may limit its capabailities. Some may also consider the information provided by Site Sniffer a security risk. So please think very carefully before installing Site Sniffer on live web site.
Special License Addition
Whilst Site Sniffer comes with the standard concrete5 marketplace license, a single licence is extended for unlimited installation on any single development system computer. Purchasers may install site sniffer on any number of sites within a single development system.